Kolukkumalai Camping & Trekking Program
The highest tea growing estate in the World
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday TypeCamping
Activity Level Challenging
Camp amidst the tea plantations – not just a simple one, but the Highest Organic Tea Estate of the World. Kolukkumalai, a small tea plantation village near Munnar is known for the tea grown in this region which is supposed to have the best flavor due to the high altitude and organic plantation.
After visiting this amazing plantation, you will get a chance to see the processing of tea in one of the tea factories. This is the perfect opportunity for you to learn more about the work that goes into tea manufacturing. The next time you sip a cup of tea, you will be able to remember this beautiful experience.
- Campfire, views and visibility are subject to weather conditions.
- Additional jeep rides, if required, will be at an extra cost.
- Avoid gold and valuable ornaments.
Things to carry:
- Running / Trekking Shoes
- Long socks – 2 pairs
- Torch / headlamp
- Small backpack
- Jackets/ windbreakers
- Personal medicines
- Energy bars
- Raincoat (optional)
Take minimal clothes for 2 days
- Stay in Camp
- Jeep ride to and fro
- 3 meals
- Sunrise hike
- Trek (2-3 hours)
- Refreshments for trek and evening tea
- Factory visit
- Registration at Munnar office.
- 2 pm Report at Suryanelli, from where we get our Jeeps.
- Jeep ride to Kolukkumalai base camp.
- Tents will be assigned on reaching.
- Evening tea at 5 pm.
- Campfire and light music
- Dinner will be served at 9pm
- Start the day with a walk to the sunrise point at 4.30 am.
- Back to the base camp by 7am.
- Breakfast will be served at 8 am.
- At 9 we start trekking to the highest point in Kolukkumalai.
- Visit to the British built heritage factory from 1935.after trek
- Lunch will be served at 1pm.
- Jeep ride back to Suryanelli.