Letchmi Hills (Laxmi Hills)
Rs 1100/- per pax (3-4 hrs)
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday Type
Activity Level Challenging
About 3 kilometres towards Cochin (road) from Munnar, lies the starting point of Letchmi hills trek. The trek through the grasslands in ridge proves to be a treat to the eyes, with rocky mountain slope on one side and tea plantations with patches of Shola forest (patches of tropical montane forests). On a clear sunny day we could view Anaimudi (the highest peak in S. India) and the waters of Idukki Dam which is listed as the highest arch dams in Asia and 3rd tallest dam in India.
Our vehicle will be waiting at the finishing point at around 5 kilometre or 8 kilometre from Munnar towards Mankulam road (Depending on the duration we chose)
Cost: Rs 1100/- per pax (3-4 hrs)
Rs 1300/- per pax (4-6 hrs)
- Usually we start around 08.30hrs or 09.00hrs.
- The trek starts with tea plantations, which lasts about 30 to 40 minutes of walk.
- After reaching the top of the hill, rest of our trek will be through the mountain ridge which offers beautiful views around.
- We will have refreshment/picnic lunch at any suitable place during the trek.
- After the grassland is over, our trek will be through Nature Zone where we can see some of the exotic spices like Coffee, Cardamom, etc…Also its one of the best places to spot some endemic birds of Western Ghats.
- Will have another 40 minutes to 01 hour walk through tea plantations to finish the trek, highest point of this trek will be about 1950 meters MSL (approx)